VITCO GROUP BLOCK FIX
BLOCK JOINTING MORTAR
VITCO BLOCK FIX is a dry pre-mixed factory produced, thin bed adhesive mortar for laying / fixing blocks, and other
similar masonry units. VITCO BLOCK FIX is chemically modified and only requires the addition of clean water.
- Before application of VITCO BLOCK FIX surface of the block should be slightly wet.
- The masonry unit should be clean, with no loose particles or dust for better bonding.
- The surface must be structurally sound. Efflorescence and any other contaminant which could impair the natural bond should be removed.
- Surface defects such as cracks, holes or voids should be repaired prior to application.
It is very important that VITCO BLOCK FIX should be thoroughly mixed with clean water before use.
Mixing ratio is depending on the thickness of the product to be applied and approximate 25-30 % clean potable water
and 70% of powder. Water is added in stages to get a smooth, uniform, workable mix. Allow ample time for initial
Ensure that no powder is left unmixed at the bottom of the vessel.
Now the VITCO BLOCK FIX is ready for the application
Areas Of Application
- Laying and joining of masonry units like fly ash bricks, concrete blocks, hollow, AAC blocks etc.
- Jointing of pre-stressed concrete slabs, panels.
- Jointing of concrete windows and door frames.
- Under normal condition, the coverage of the VITCO BLOCK FIX is 140 – 160sq. ft. with average thickness of 2- 3mm for 40kg for block size 600 x 200 x 150 mm. the coverage area however will depend upon the quality & evenness of the substrate, thickness of joints and size of masonry units.
- For best results proper tools for mixing and application is desirable. It will result in higher coverage and savings in time and manpower.
Precautions During Usage
- Though VITCO BLOCK FIX contains no toxic materials, still care should be taken to avoid dust inhalation while
mixing and handling. In case of contact with eyes or face, wash with plenty of clean water.
- Keep it in a dry place and out of reach children.
- Persons who are allergic to cement should take proper precaution before use
Precautions During Usage
- Should be stored in a dry place for better results. It should be used with in 6 month of its production.
- VITCO BLOCK FIX available in 40 kg bag.
|Tensile adhesion strength@28days
|Free flowing powder
|25 – 30%
|Approximately 1 hrs @ 27⁰ C
|Yes. No addional water curing is required.
# Temperature: 23OC – 27OC and Relative Humidity: 45 to 55%.